We want our clients to be successful in editing their own websites. This series of short WordPress tutorials will help you with the most basic WordPress editing capabilities.
- Logins & Passwords
- User Management
- The Admin Interface
- Editing a Page and Adding CSS Classes
- Reusable Blocks
- Tagging Resource Centers
Logins & Passwords
- Where to login /wp-admin
- Use a password manager tool (we like 1Password)
- Everyone should have their own account login
- Use the forgot password link
- User Management Tab
- Creating a New User
- Author Picture and Bio (if your site uses them)
- Everyone should have their own account
The Admin Interface
- Start Screen
- Flush Cache
- Pages / Posts
- Media Library
Editing a Page and Adding CSS Classes
- Find to the page in your page list -OR- go to the live page online once you are logged in
- Edit Screen and sidebar
- Make sure you have the block editor up (not the code editor)
- How to select a group
- How to move a section
- How to add a new Block
- Flush the Cache
- We use Gravity Forms, this hooks to Mailchimp, Salesforce, Pardot, Hubspot — you name it and we can most likely feed into it.
- All forms entires are stored on the site so you can always see them.
- View entries
- Download All
- Change who gets the Notification
- Editing a form
** be careful if you are using a form handler**
- Conditional Logic
- How to Find Reusable Blocks
- Working with Reusable Blocks
Tagging Resource Centers
- How to use Quick Edit to assign types, categories, and collections.
- How to use the resource Edit screen to assign types, categories, and collections.
If we have missed anything or you have questions, please reach out.